Problem with motion detector

WebCam Looker software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Problem with motion detector

Postby Genosse » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:01 am

Hi,

I have a problem with motion detector: when I switch into this mode nothing happens. The "camera on" indicator on my Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX does not turn on. There is no picture from the camera.

I did set up the monitored area, set sensitivity on max, set the destination and so on. It is possible for me to use "preview only" and "continuous recording" modes.

I was able to use the motion detection feature in other commercial software (such as Webcam monitor or Netcam watcher), but I would rather use your program, provided you can help me to solve this issue. :-)
Thanks.

I run MS Vista, if it helps. Webcam Looker version is 2.6.
Genosse

Postby Administrator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:28 am

Hi,

Here is the instruction on how to configure motion detector:
create_mail_destination.gif

Alternatively, you can use Wizard to create a motion detection task for you. For example with playing of sound.

Or, do you mean you see a picture in preview and continueous modes on main application's screen, but do not see it there in motion detector mode?

May be you clicked "Turn source on" to off at your webcam source settings (at Settings dialog / sources)?

If you still have a problem, please send a screenshot of the main window and settings/sources dialog to support team.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Genosse » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,

Here is the instruction on how to configure motion detector: http://www.felenasoft.com/forumimages/c ... nation.gif

I have followed this instruction initially. I double checked everything to be sure.
Alternatively, you can use Wizard to create a motion detection task for you. For example with playing of sound.

Using the Wizard I am able to create a task for motion detection (the Wizard completes successfully). However, there is no image from the camera on the main display. If I switch to "preview" or "video recording" mode and then go back to "motion detection", the image freezes.

Or, do you mean you see a picture in preview and continueous modes on main application's screen, but do not see it there in motion detector mode?

Yes, I think you can say it this way.

May be you clicked "Turn source on" to off at your webcam source settings (at Settings dialog / sources)?

No, I have checked that (image3).

If you still have a problem, please send a screenshot of the main window and settings/sources dialog.

I have sent you an e-mail with details of the problem and screenshots.
Genosse

Postby Administrator » Sat May 01, 2010 9:42 am

The problem was solved by contacting suppot team by email.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby mikesaturday » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 am

thanks for the post
mikesaturday

Return to WebCam Looker - General discussion